What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information.
Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time, or tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize pages on our Websites, or register for the Subscription Service, a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the customized features.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Linguix) are called "first party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called "third-party cookies". Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content, and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
What types of cookies do we use and how do we use them
The list of cookies we use includes:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Websites, Subscription Service and Mobile Apps and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Websites, Subscription Service and Mobile Apps but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites, Subscription Service and Mobile Apps are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Websites for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Websites, Subscription Service or Mobile Apps through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
How to disable cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
- Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Mozilla Firefox;
- Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Google Chrome;
- Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Microsoft Internet Explorer;
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com. You may opt-out by clicking here: http://preferences.truste.com/ (or if located in the European Union, by clicking here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). Please note this does not opt you out of being served to advertise. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
By email: [email protected]