1. Variation of MC, master of ceremonies (host of a game show or function).
2. A master of ceremonies.
3. a person who acts as host at formal occasions (makes an introductory speech and introduces other speakers)
4. To act as the master of ceremonies.
5. act as a master of ceremonies
6. To act as master of ceremonies.
7. To serve as master of ceremonies of.
1. 'Your own, your very own Selwyn,' the emcee would say and by then nobody cared who was playing.
2. `The Lord Bunting of Cheam," declaimed emcee Fotheringhay.
3. When the emcee lifted his hand above their heads and said, "Is it time to take your Bitter Pills?
4. A conjunto (combo), the more contemporary musical group with amplifiers, electric guitars, singer and emcee, is setting up just as the band packs up.
5. As I said, my first time reading outside the safe environs of Caferati (I'm not counting Kala Ghoda because there I was in emcee mode, which I'm used to; couldn't see the audience, which always helps; and besides, there was a large and supportive Caferati turnout), so I'm afraid the evening went by in too much of a blur for me to be able to add much more than this.
6. Faith, you're hip-hop's savior - the female emcee is finally back.
7. When the host—he just loved that they called the emcee the host, as if they were all his guests—called down the first lucky player, he grinned broadly and laughed out loud.
8. The emcee is usually a comedian, so they shouldn’t need a writer, right?
9. The emcee was the Asian Art's public relations dude, Tim Hallman, who looks and acts like a slightly butcher version of Tim Gunn on "Project Runway," and that's in every way a compliment.
10. The emcee was the guy who won our little "Raising Money" contest last April.
11. The emcee was a man named Wes Battersea, and there were four of us girls seated on the panel, each with a telephone in front of her.
12. ‘There will be an emcee to conduct quizzes and give away prizes and freebies.’
13. ‘It was a great evening - the comedians were hilarious (Scott Falconbridge was the emcee, Dana Alexander was one comedian, and Mike Dambra was the headliner).’
14. ‘After the obnoxious announcer, who clearly wished he had been bestowed with the honour of actually being counted as a storyteller and not simply the emcee, I was not in a mood most receptive to storytelling.’
15. ‘Bill Irwin is a masterful comedian, a world-class mime, and a witty emcee.’
16. ‘It was a big to-do in San Francisco's opera house back then, with Sam Donaldson and Alan Cumming as emcees… but it was also the dying days of the dotcom exuberance.’
17. ‘The emcees asked the classic is-there-a-doctor-in-the-house question, and four popped up to give aid.’
18. ‘Lewis was replaced as host by Dennis James, who was even worse, and other emcees were tried.’
19. ‘The emcees kept the flow going by introducing each item with a brief description.’
20. ‘Well, that's what we're trying to prevent here’ said the emcee, explaining the need for security measures at a recent preview screening of Johnny English.’
21. ‘When an emcee is on stage, some people say its not theater.’
22. ‘The emcee, a university official, casually noted in her introduction that the school ‘will proceed with its affirmative action policies no matter what the Supreme Court does.’’
23. ‘As an emcee, you'll make maybe $250 a week, with features making $400 - $500 and headliners around $1000.’
24. ‘After a short stint as an emcee of ‘Earn Your Vacation,’ Carson got his own half-hour comedy show, called ‘The Johnny Carson Show.’’
25. ‘After the drivers were introduced by a traveling emcee called ‘The Motor Mouth,’ an invocation and the national anthem, cars left at one-minute intervals to cheers from the crowd.’
26. ‘I am one with the crowd and my years as an emcee stand me in good stead.’
27. ‘I found the show very entertaining, a great combination of physical strength, endurance, slapstick, and witty repartee between the lumberjacks and the emcee.’
28. ‘Television personality Star Jones served as emcee for the evening.’
29. ‘Lana arrives downstairs just as the emcee introduces Dr. Yolanda Jones.’
30. ‘Pre-game festivities will include a special guest emcee doing player introductions.’
31. ‘For reasons that will be explained later, the highlights of 1st Class are the tracks that feature guest emcees.’
32. ‘Also, keep your eyes peeled for a super tour headlined by supa emcees De La Soul, as well as a touchdown from Chicago's finest, Common.’
33. ‘Hip-hop rose in urban centers, launched by breakdancers and carried forward by emcees, DJs and graffiti artists.’
34. ‘There's a lot of dope emcees and musicians who should be heard.’
35. ‘The club opens its stage every week to poets, singers and aspiring emcees.’
36. ‘Cee-Lo Green comes from the soulful South, and his aptly titled second album finds the sizeable emcee eschewing the stereotypical rapper role.’
37. ‘The emcees (Abdominal, D-Sisive) try to impart some wisdom on the listener, but not in any sincere way - more as an effort to appear well read or vaguely revolutionary (in an inoffensive manner).’
38. ‘More recently a friend of mine (a UW student and emcee) was trying to find other student emcees to put on an event, but to no avail (even though KW apparently has a well-known hip hop community).’
39. ‘Fame, however, didn't come immediately and while he battled emcees in Washington Square Park, he also worked for five years at the country's oldest black bookstore, Nkiru in Brooklyn, which he later purchased in 1998 with Mos Def.’
40. ‘Once a group containing the talents of myriad emcees, they were whittled down to a more tidy, and probably more manageable five for their first major release: ‘As the World Burns.’’
41. ‘And not just because it landed three top performers - singers Shanty, Melly Goeslaw and Titi DJ - as well as noted emcees Tika Panggabean and Farhan.’
42. ‘We wanted to get away from the image of just being emcees, so we came up with the name ‘Silent Lambs Project’ to signify that this is the silent messenger's work at hand.’
43. ‘It's very rare for emcees to do narrative works, and even more rare for them to tackle a specific historical event retrospectively.’
44. ‘He enters the scene with a collection of more than able emcees, the most impressive of which is given the honor of being mentioned several times on the album: Jean Grae.’
45. ‘The artists presenting work ranged from traditional monologuists and playwrights to dancers and emcees making their first forays into theater.’
46. ‘That means Technique who loses rap battles to white emcees named Idea has guilty blood on his hands and tongue from that insidious Hollywood connection.’
47. ‘By the way, I too agree with the posters who say there should be more articles devoted to real emcees with subject matter relevant to positive action.’
48. ‘Ready for a ride with the illest emcees of Detroit?’
49. ‘Aside from that, Jay-Z's not one of my favorite emcees, but a good beat does a lot to make up for that, and this album is a wonderful example.’
50. ‘This is definitely a man with a lot on his mind, he and his guest emcees rhyming with a sense of conviction and urgency on each track.’
51. ‘Diamond Dave ably emceed the party and entertained all throughout.’
52. ‘Former NBC News anchor Tom Brokaw will emcee the event.’
53. ‘CBC radio announcer Katherine Duncan will emcee the event, which is put on by the the Book Publishers Association and the Writers Guild of Alberta.’
54. ‘Cary Grant and I emceed this Victory Caravan.’
55. ‘We went - at two inaugurals, his first inaugural I emceed an event at the Lincoln Memorial.’
56. ‘I emceed the dinner for Rudi Giuliani the other night, and the crowd is just enormously buoyed and up.’
57. ‘Sunday night I have to emcee a concert at Orchestra Hall, which is fun, in a terrifying sort of way; nothing I do quite equals the paralyzing moment of walking on stage and seeing that vast auditorium filled to the rafters.’
58. ‘Sunday I emcee another concert at Orchestra Hall, and I will put on the black uniform as usual.’
59. ‘Main Events' Carl Moretti emceed the event as all six major combatants and their trainers were brought up one at a time to give their insight to Saturdays Mega-Card.’
60. ‘Afterwards, it was all back to Shenanigans for the superb Carvery and Happy Hour, and the prize giving ceremony emceed by Shenanigans tournament director Mike Franklin.’
61. ‘Seymour, a painter herself, helped emcee the event and donated a canvas - a floral still life, which fetched $5,000 in the evening's benefit auction.’
62. ‘The promoter of the contest, NPC Maryland district chairman Todd Swinney, brought in Shawn Ray to emcee the event.’
63. ‘Deco Drive's colorful Daisy Deadpetals will emcee the fashion event.’
64. ‘He was also instrumental in getting always-vocal Shawn Ray to emcee the contest.’
65. ‘I emcee things at Carefree all the time but it was so different to emcee a festival.’
66. ‘Just a bit after 400 PM, the speakers began, and the ceremony was emceed by Gil Mallory, President of Amtrak West.’
67. ‘This festival of performance is emceed by Joe Giamalva, a director, dancer and choreographer, and is host to more than seventeen studios.’
68. ‘Recently, I emceed a performance by eleven New England dance schools who shared their talents to raise money for the The Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund.’
69. ‘Perhaps someday Tony will step into his father's shoes to emcee city events in the English language?’
70. ‘And Robbins, who emceed the event, says everyone who is able to help should do what they can.’
71. ‘Still, some of the greatest emcees I know are some of my favorite poets i.e., Nas, Kweli, Method, Lauryn, Common, Mos, Jay Z etc., and I can't wait to publish their poems in book form.’
72. ‘I'm afraid the night turned ugly when it came time for the emcee to start emceeing, his trippy Dr. Octagon-esque flow turning sour inside of a minute, his subjects centering around a similar cosmic subject matter.’
73. ‘I gradually got more involved in the scene, and from that came the rapping and the emceeing.’
74. ‘Some critics were turned off by Williams' bombastic, proclamatory emceeing, which often made no pretense of rhythmic consistency or tonal variety.’
75. ‘I had my usual best seat in the house emceeing from the DJ box, as the many trophies were presented and winners photographed with Wee and Woody on the catwalk.’
76. the emcee charmed the guests with his opening speech
Other users have misspelling emcee as:
1. emc 72.97%
2. imcea 0.68%
3. emici 0.68%
4. Other 25.67%
Use Linguix everywhere you write
Get your writing checked on millions of websites, including Gmail, Facebook, and Google Docs.