1. US A second-year undergraduate student in a college or university, or a second-year student in a four-year secondary school or high school.
2. US (horse-racing) A three year old horse.
3. A three-year-old racehorse, usually in its second year of racing.
4. A person in the second year of carrying out an endeavor.
5. A tenth-grade student in a US high school.
6. A second-year student in a US college.
7. One belonging to the second of the four classes in an American college, or one next above a freshman.
8. a second-year undergraduate
9. A student in the second year of his college course.
10. US The second in a series, especially, the second of an artist’s albums or the second of four years in a high school (tenth grade) or university.
11. Of or relating to the second year of an endeavor, especially of attending a school or college.
12. Being the second in a series.
13. used of the second year in United States high school or college
1. When you meet resistance, remember the origin of the word "sophomore"-- that smart/foolish developmental stage.
2. JL: I am not sure I would use the word sophomore here.
3. You've heard the expression sophomore slump, right?
4. It is tough to find a group that took the term sophomore slump more serious than Camp Lo.
5. ‘Why are most of the victims physically weak such as university freshmen or sophomores or female students?’
6. ‘We were sophomores at Howard University doing a good deed on a winter's day.’
7. ‘So first semester of my sophomore year in high school was not the best time for me.’
8. ‘We were both just sophomores in high school and neither of us had a job.’
9. ‘Yes, this was an actual note that I had gotten when I was in my sophomore year at high school.’
10. ‘There are about 100 freshmen and sophomores in the program right now.’
11. ‘Reserve Officer Training Corps at Berkeley was mandatory for all male freshmen and sophomores in those years.’
12. ‘Connecticut has four freshmen and two sophomores playing key roles.’
13. ‘The freshmen and sophomores went to the short right hall, and the juniors and seniors went through the short left hall.’
14. ‘There are 10,000 thirsty freshman and sophomores who'd pay you for this program.’
15. ‘The authors also intended the text to be used by underclassmen, that is, by freshmen or sophomores.’
16. ‘The first book I was told to teach to sophomores was Conrad's Heart of Darkness.’
17. ‘Only four freshmen and two sophomores auditioned, and they were quite unimpressive.’
18. ‘The senior class (along with the freshmen, sophomores, and juniors) would split into random groups.’
19. ‘A few more people filtered in, all freshmen and sophomores.’
20. ‘She was starting her first day of school as a sophomore and was not very excited about it.’
21. ‘Juniors are more inclined to move off campus than sophomores, Griesse said.’
22. ‘Plenty of sophomores and even a few freshman showed up every year, but Samantha never really wanted to be one of them.’
23. ‘Two sophomores talked over lunch one day this spring semester about how food can bring people together.’
24. ‘A group of sophomores I recognised from school entered the door.’
25. ‘His long-awaited sophomore collection finds the poet challenging and revivifying the dominant acid-jazz of contemporary Canadian verse.’
26. ‘She snagged the crown as our reader's favorite for the month with her long-awaited sophomore record.’
27. ‘She announced her long-awaited sophomore LP and debuted a new song.’
28. ‘The lead single from the Brit's much-anticipated sophomore set is a jaunty blue-eyed soul anthem.’
29. ‘He just announced the very soon release of his much-anticipated sophomore solo album, his first release in 8 years.’
30. ‘He found himself talking about his much-anticipated sophomore LP.’
31. ‘The legal eagles return on January 17 for the second half of the show's sensational sophomore season!’
32. ‘It's hard to believe it's been 20 years since the band released its sophomore album.’
33. ‘Their sophomore album has been an even bigger success.’
34. ‘Heh is surely ahead of the pack on his sophomore disc, thanks to his gravelly aggression and trippy aesthetic.’
35. college sophomores are advised to begin thinking about their career options
Other users have misspelling sophomore as:
1. sophmore 39.42%
2. shophmore 6.73%
3. southimore 4.81%
4. shophomore 1.92%
5. sothmore 1.92%
6. souphmore 1.92%
7. Other 43.28%
Use Linguix everywhere you write
Get your writing checked on millions of websites, including Gmail, Facebook, and Google Docs.