1. American Alternative form of omelette.
2. A dish consisting of beaten eggs cooked until set and folded over, often around a filling.
3. an omelet containing chopped pieces of ham, onion, and green peppers.
4. (Cookery) A dish consisting of eggs beaten up with a little flour, etc., and cooked in a frying pan until just set into a semisolid consistency; it may be folded around e.g. ham or cheese or jelly. When additional ingredients are mixed in, the names of the ingredients may be mentioned in the name of the omelet
5. beaten eggs or an egg mixture cooked until just set; may be folded around e.g. ham or cheese or jelly
6. A dish consisting of eggs beaten lightly, with the addition of milk, salt, and sometimes a little flour; it is browned in a buttered pan on the top of the stove. Omelets are some-times prepared with cheese, ham, parsley, jelly, fish, or other additions.
1. "Come on," Will said, setting down his omelet in case there was an escalation in hostilities.
2. So she simply ignored him and went back to eating the omelet Archer had prepared.
3. In story forty-one: Spitting in the omelet is a fine revenge.
4. If you eat breakfast, the western omelet is the best i've eaten, and the onion rings are killer.
5. You will be surprised that if this omelet is wrapped in a chapati or made into rolls its one non messy meal ideal for kids and adults on a move.
6. Instead of the usual toast, this omelet is served with wedges of freshly-baked pita bread.
7. A well made omelet is a thing of beauty and can make the dreariest of mornings a festive occasion with fillings as simple as ham and cheese or a few sorrel leaves, wild mushrooms (The Georgian Room makes a divine one) or roasted vegetables, to something as fancy as smoked salmon or fish roe.
8. If one can make a plain French omelet, it may be converted into many, many kinds.
9. A plain French omelet is, perhaps, one of the most difficult of all things to make; that is, it is the most difficult to have well made in the ordinary private house.
10. But the omelet was not just on the anchors 'faces, the omelet was a messed up election.
11. ‘Mike Thomson, the owner/manager, will be serving bagels, omelettes, salads, home made soups and baking and pasta dishes.’
12. ‘A chef was stationed at one end to cook omelettes and serve bacon, sausages and black pudding.’
13. ‘Fresh leaves can be added to soups, stews, omelettes or salads.’
14. ‘The meal included freshly baked bread, salad, omelettes, ham, sausages, maple baked beans and crêpes for dessert.’
15. ‘Fresh and colorful alfalfa sprouts, crisp and crunchy mung bean sprouts, or any of the half dozen other kinds of raw sprouts sold in America today add taste and texture to salads, sandwiches, soups, omelets, and other dishes.’
16. ‘My dish there was an omelet with American cheese and onions.’
17. ‘Connie suggests pasta dishes such as spaghetti bolognese, omelettes, even a healthy salad.’
18. ‘So many fresh foods are incredibly quick to prepare and easily assembled into tempting fast meals - such as soups, omelettes, warm salads and pasta dishes.’
19. ‘Alongside the roast beef, a cook prepared fresh omelettes and pasta.’
20. ‘Toss on a little salt after roasting and add to pasta, polenta, pizza and omelets.’
21. ‘The menu includes jacket potatoes, omelettes, pizza, and panini, and we wouldn't hesitate to have another snack here if the opportunity arose.’
22. ‘But there are sandwiches, omelettes, baked potato fillings, pasta sauces for when you are running on empty, and a picture of Karmel and her glowing offspring to inspire you to try harder when you reach for the freezer door.’
23. ‘Egg-based dishes such as omelettes or frittatas which include cooked vegetables can be prepared quickly and make a wholesome entrée.’
24. ‘And when I say breakfast, I don't mean just cereal and a bagel; I mean pancakes, omelets, sausage, bacon, the works.’
25. ‘The things I can manage are omelettes, Caesar salads and macaroni-and-cheese.’
26. ‘He once had a faddish private client who insisted on egg-white omelettes, to be cooked without butter or oil in the pan.’
27. ‘I'd like an omelette plain and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast.’
28. ‘Unlike a classic omelette, you serve it open and finish it off under a grill so that it is set in the middle.’
29. ‘Growers and ranchers start the day with frittatas, omelets, or chicken-fried steak and three eggs in this historic shack just off the Carneros Highway.’
30. ‘They were only serving omelets and sausage today, for some insane reason.’
31. he ordered his omelet to be served with mushrooms
Other users have misspelling omelet as:
1. omlet 32.26%
2. omlete 9.68%
3. omelete 6.45%
4. omela 3.23%
5. omelett 3.23%
6. omelt 3.23%
7. Other 41.92%
Use Linguix everywhere you write
Get your writing checked on millions of websites, including Gmail, Facebook, and Google Docs.