1. countable Such a sauce more generally (not necessarily based on tomatoes), or a specific brand or kind of such sauce – see usage notes below.
2. uncountable A tomato-vinegar based sauce.
3. A condiment consisting of a thick, smooth-textured, spicy sauce usually made from tomatoes.
4. A pureed table sauce made predominantly from tomatoes, flavored with onions, sugar, salt and spices; called also tomato ketchup. The term is also applied to pureed sauces containing mushrooms, walnuts, etc., being called in such cases mushroom ketchup, walnut ketchup, etc.
5. See catchup.
1. Peas and tomato ketchup are what you want with it.
2. SHOPPERS will have to splash out up to 20 per cent more on ketchup and brown sauce.
3. Stir in the soy sauce, garlic powder, vinegar and ketchup.
4. Who knew the tomato ketchup would be just across from the ice cream?
5. The restaurant was the kind of place that diluted its ketchup with vinegar.
6. The ketchup and mustard were in tiny plastic packs.
7. Pickles and sauces such as ketchup and mayo often contain more salt than you think.
8. Serve with lemon wedges and mayonnaise or ketchup.
9. They go well with pea purée or try this intriguing tomato ketchup.
10. It is sold in a jar and is often found near the mustard and ketchup.
11. The note was written on the wall in tomato ketchup.
12. Cut into strips and dot with tomato ketchup or mustard.
13. It has to be covered in tomato ketchup.
14. Add flavour to food at barely any cost through herbs and spices or sauces like ketchup and soy.
15. His secret ingredient is a large dollop of tomato ketchup added to the mince to give sweetness and flavour.
16. The secret ingredient is tomato ketchup, which adds sweetness.
17. Mix the mayonnaise, ketchup and lemon together.
18. Either way, serve with peas and ketchup or brown sauce.
19. Halfway through, add the ketchup and frozen peas.
20. My guilty pleasure is to mix together mayonnaise, mustard and ketchup for dipping my chips.
21. I think it was in ketchup or mayonnaise.
22. Make it by mixing mayo, ketchup and Tabasco to taste.
23. Mix the meat with the sunflower oil, tomato ketchup, soy sauce and vinegar.
24. ‘Dip the fish and chips into the tomato ketchup and tartare sauce as desired.’
25. ‘I helped myself to sachets of ketchup and tartare sauce and tucked into my fish.’
26. ‘The tables were neatly set, each with clean bottles of tomato ketchup, HP sauce and vinegar.’
27. ‘If you have some rolls, a few salad leaves and extra ketchup or chutney, they can be transformed into delicious burgers.’
28. ‘Where do you find the best value baked beans, sausages, ketchup and white sliced bread?’
29. ‘He served it to us in leaf plates with a generous dollop of Maggie's tomato ketchup.’
30. ‘To make the chilli jam, sweat off the chilli and ginger in a heavy based pan and add chilli sauce and ketchup.’
31. ‘In addition there is a New Orleans American style chilli sauce and the ubiquitous tomato ketchup.’
32. ‘If desired, however, offer a condiment bar of your favorites: lettuce, avocados, tomatoes, pickles, mayo, mustard, and catsup.’
33. ‘Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.’
34. ‘Years later, I'm covering my chips with tomato ketchup in front of the TV.’
35. ‘Tomato ketchup came in a bowl and not in those dreadful sachets.’
36. ‘Top with the sliced tomatoes, add more ketchup, then add the gherkins.’
37. ‘A best seller is her tomato ketchup, which is a pale orange rather than the lurid red of the commercial variety.’
38. ‘He made a mess trying to mix a concoction of catsup, mustard and hot sauce.’
39. ‘The Bulgarians made shopska salad and surprised other children by putting ketchup on their pasta.’
40. ‘Garum was used in ancient Rome, and it was supposedly as ubiquitous then as ketchup is today.’
41. ‘Add ketchup, blend thoroughly and add ground turkey and vegetable mixture.’
42. ‘I eat the four-minute lunch of the home worker, standing at the counter, shovelling in cold pizza and ketchup.’
43. ‘She went to the kitchen and brought back bottles of mustard and ketchup.’
Other users have misspelling ketchup as:
1. kechup 7.08%
2. kecap 4.42%
3. ketchu 1.77%
4. Other 86.73%
Use Linguix everywhere you write
Get your writing checked on millions of websites, including Gmail, Facebook, and Google Docs.