1. law A signed document wherein an affiant makes a sworn statement.
2. A written declaration made under oath before a notary public or other authorized officer.
3. (Law) A sworn statement in writing; a declaration in writing, signed and made upon oath before an authorized magistrate.
4. written declaration made under oath; a written statement sworn to be true before someone legally authorized to administer an oath
5. A written declaration upon oath; a statement of facts in writing signed by the affiant, and sworn to or confirmed by a declaration before a notary public, a magistrate, or other authorized officer.
1. The individual has provided a written affidavit to a lawyer confirming this.
2. It said the source yesterday provided an affidavit confirming the circumstances.
3. It introduced an affidavit signed by the previous pastor, who was employed by the church for 27 years.
4. ‘Would you read onto the record the affidavits that contain the evidentiary material that is before us?’
5. ‘When carrying out the enquiry the Court acts upon affidavits rather than oral evidence.’
6. ‘Although late in delivering the affidavits of documents the affidavits have now been delivered.’
7. ‘Put another way, it is the content of his affidavit or statement which determines the assertion.’
8. ‘The appellant's solicitor swore an affidavit as to why the witnesses were not called at the trial.’
9. he was required to hand in an affidavit
Other users have misspelling affidavit as:
1. afidavit 8.11%
2. affidavitt 4.05%
3. avidavitt 4.05%
4. affvidate 4.05%
5. affadvit 4.05%
6. affidavid 4.05%
7. l'affidavit 4.05%
8. Other 67.59%
Use Linguix everywhere you write
Get your writing checked on millions of websites, including Gmail, Facebook, and Google Docs.