The "Website Terms and Conditions" template is an agreement made between a company and any person who accesses or uses the company's website. The agreement outlines the terms and conditions that govern the use of the website, including acceptance of terms, use of the website, intellectual property, disclaimer of warranties, limitation of liability, and modification of the agreement. The agreement is binding and governed by the laws of the state where the company is located.
These Website Terms and Conditions (the “Agreement”) are made on [date] by and between [Name of Company], a [state] corporation located at [address] (“Company”) and any person who accesses or uses the website located at [website address] (the “Website”).
WHEREAS, the Website provides information about Company and its products and services;
WHEREAS, access to and use of the Website is subject to certain terms and conditions;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises and covenants contained herein, the parties agree as follows:
1. Acceptance of Terms. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you may not access or use the Website.
2. Use of the Website. You may use the Website for lawful purposes only. You may not use the Website for any illegal or fraudulent activity, or to transmit any viruses, worms, or other harmful code.
3. Intellectual Property. All content on the Website, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, images, and software, is the property of Company or its licensors and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. You may not copy, modify, distribute, or otherwise exploit any content on the Website without the express written consent of Company.
4. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is” and Company makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Website or the content therein. Company disclaims all warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
5. Limitation of Liability. Company shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use or inability to use the Website or the content therein.
6. Modification of Agreement. Company may modify this Agreement at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting on the Website. Your continued use of the Website after any such modifications shall constitute your acceptance of the modified Agreement.
7. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of [state].
8. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter hereof.
9. Binding Effect. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, successors, and assigns.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement as of the date first above written.
[Name of Company]
I have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.