smooth vs rough
- (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves
- smooth and unconstrained in movement
- of the margin of a leaf shape; not broken up into teeth
- (music) without breaks between notes; smooth and connected
- of motion that runs or flows or proceeds without jolts or turbulence
- make (a surface) shine
- free from obstructions
- make smooth or smoother, as if by rubbing
- the act of smoothing
Having a smooth bore . Use of a gun barrel.
Your pores should appear minimised and your face will feel smooth.
The course of true love never did run smooth.
- having or caused by an irregular surface
- unpleasantly stern
- not perfected
- unkind or cruel or uncivil
- ready and able to resort to force or violence
- with rough motion as over a rough surface
- with roughness or violence (`rough' is an informal variant for `roughly')
- prepare in preliminary or sketchy form
- the part of a golf course bordering the fairway where the grass is not cut short
Hurrah!" came from the right, and the cheer was taken up from the left, while _crack, crack, crack_, rifles were being brought well into play.
It has half a bad novel inside it so I've never quite brought myself to throw it out.
On the ranges of Fort Devens, the troops were put through their paces on US weapons, from the stock-in-trade M16 assault rifle to the frighteningly-effective M249 SAW light machine gun.