evening vs morning
- the latter part of the day (the period of decreasing daylight from late afternoon until nightfall)
- a later concluding time period
- the early part of night (from dinner until bedtime) spent in a special way
We filter all the e-mails in the evening to verify whether any bogus votes are cast.
The sky began to clear and there were puffy white clouds forming as the evening faded away.
It was now early evening, and Vera was in the kitchen, preparing the food that she had sent Bill out for.
- a conventional expression of greeting or farewell
- the time period between dawn and noon
- the first light of day
- the earliest period
Saturday morning came, and all the summer world was bright and fresh, and brimming with life.
He was afraid of waking up in the morning and finding that Jessie was dead.
Chile's top constitutional court blocked a government bid to promote the free distribution of the morning-after pill to minors aged 14 and over, dealing a new setback to President Michelle Bachelet.