negative vs affirmative
- designed or tending to discredit, especially without positive or helpful suggestions
- not indicating the presence of microorganisms or disease or a specific condition
- characterized by or displaying negation or denial or opposition or resistance; having no positive features
- reckoned in a direction opposite to that regarded as positive
- having the quality of something harmful or unpleasant
- vote against; refuse to endorse; refuse to assent
- a piece of photographic film showing an image with light and shade or colors reversed
- a reply of denial
Surely you appreciate that for those who regularly attack Israel and its suporters, “Likud” is a label fraught with negative implications that have nothing to do with the political realities within Israel.
The problem of environmental pollution roots in the characteristic of public goods and negative externality.
They will certainly enjoy some respite from the negative headlines which have been barracking them in recent weeks, which maybe renders the result palatable for all.
- affirming or giving assent
- expecting the best
- expressing or manifesting praise or approval
- a reply of affirmation
She hoped he would have answered in the affirmative.
We never answer questions about special forces, but do not take that as an answer indicating an affirmative.
Rebecca was too embarrassed to reply, but he took her silence as an affirmative.