behind vs in front of
- in debt
- in or into an inferior position
- of timepieces
- in or to or toward the rear
- remaining in a place or condition that has been left or departed from
- having the lower score or lagging position in a contest
- the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
Due to the bad weather, the building work was already behind schedule.
The fin's origin is relatively far behind the pelvic fin insertion.
The lower opening is formed by the twelfth thoracic vertebra behind, by the eleventh and twelfth ribs at the sides, and in front by the cartilages of the tenth, ninth, eighth, and seventh ribs, which ascend on either side and form an angle, the subcostal angle, into the apex of which the xiphoid process projects.