bad luck vs good luck
- an unpredictable outcome that is unfortunate
- an unfortunate state resulting from unfavorable outcomes
- unnecessary and unforeseen trouble resulting from an unfortunate event
Good courage breaks bad luck.
They say it's bad luck to spill salt.
And my father was not to accept excuses about the strokes of bad luck or the bad weather.
- an unexpected piece of good luck
- a stroke of luck
- an auspicious state resulting from favorable outcomes
I've circulated a good luck card for everyone to sign.
Good luck to him: but there is no earthly reason why BBC radio should timidly do the same, and debauch one of our greatest programmes in the process.
I will not be there with a £180 ticket to be biffed into kingdom come by some insane person on the end of a weighted rope - or falling off it - but good luck to those who come to brave the 2 chords of U2 at warp volume and other truffles of this cultural feast.