low vs high
- British political cartoonist (born in New Zealand) who created the character Colonel Blimp (1891-1963)
Some were members of Turkey's elite military class known as "pashas," a title of respect harking back to Ottoman military commanders Monday for allegedly planning to blow up mosques in order to trigger a military takeover and overthrow the
The aircraft descended into a wetland area and had since been forgotten about as it sank below the surface.
Their dried dung is found everywhere, and is in many places the only fuel afforded by the plains; their skulls, which last longer than any other part of the animal, are among the most familiar of objects to the plainsman; their bones are in many districts so plentiful that it has become a regular industry, followed by hundreds of men (christened "bone hunters" by the frontiersmen), to go out with wagons and collect them in great numbers for the sake of the phosphates they yield; and Bad Lands, plateaus, and prairies alike, are cut up in all directions by the deep ruts which were formerly buffalo trails.
- a public secondary school usually including grades 9 through 12
- an air mass of higher than normal pressure
- a lofty level or position or degree
- a state of sustained elation
- a forward gear with a gear ratio that gives the greatest vehicle velocity for a given engine speed
- at a great altitude
- far up toward the source
- in or to a high position, amount, or degree
- in a rich manner
- slightly and pleasantly intoxicated from alcohol or a drug (especially marijuana)
- used of sounds and voices; high in pitch or frequency
- (used of the smell of meat) smelling spoiled or tainted
- happy and excited and energetic
- (literal meaning) being at or having a relatively great or specific elevation or upward extension (sometimes used in combinations like `knee-high')
High bad cholesterol and low good cholesterol.
Some hospital patients experience high levels of anxiety.
He was an exceedingly capable and highly regarded individual.