stupid vs clever vs intelligent
- a person who is not very bright
- in a state of mental numbness especially as resulting from shock
- lacking or marked by lack of intellectual acuity
- lacking intelligence
Which is stupid, considering the drivers around here A: Don't normally stop for people and in fact have been caught trying to sneak ~around~ them and B: I've been nicked several times and almost hit three times different instances last summer attempting to obey the biking laws, none of those for mistakes on my part as I've been scared shitless at the lack of aware driving that's crept over my town.
And I'm not too stupid to realise this is all transference.
They said that we were too stupid to handle machinery, even if we did use it.
- showing inventiveness and skill
- mentally quick and resourceful
- showing self-interest and shrewdness in dealing with others
The demographic argument is a favorite of clever rejectionists.
But I doubt anything will compare to the light and clever touch she displays in CCF!
The prose is of a rare stateliness and intelligence, studded with clever, sometimes almost epigrammatic mots.