loser vs winner
- a contestant who loses the contest
- a gambler who loses a bet
- a person with a record of failing; someone who loses consistently
RHP Brandon Lyon parlayed his surprising spring performance into the opening day closer job, supplanting RHP Greg Aquino.
The closer he came the heavier the scent of barley-based ale became.
As we got closer, a face so old and cragged with such deep wrinkles they looked like sun-baked crevasses formed by thousand of years of standing in the wind and rain.
- the contestant who wins the contest
- a person with a record of successes
- a gambler who wins a bet
We were kept on tenterhooks for hours while the judges chose the winner.
The winners of these two encounters will contest the final from 7pm.
In her acceptance speech, the winner thanked the almighty and promised to do even better at the all-India level.