hilly vs flat
- having hills and crags
I grew chilly when the fire went out.
I had a garlic chilly mince curry, and she went for a very nice chicken dopiaza.
Suddenly, seeking high office, Liddy Dole was described as over-ambitious, chilly and nasty under the "syrupy" Southern accent.
- stretched out and lying at full length along the ground
- flattened laterally along the whole length (e.g., certain leafstalks or flatfishes)
- lacking contrast or shading between tones
- commercially inactive
- sounded or spoken in a tone unvarying in pitch
- with flat sails
- in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly
- scenery consisting of a wooden frame covered with painted canvas; part of a stage setting
- a suite of rooms usually on one floor of an apartment house
- a level tract of land
- freight car without permanent sides or roof
- a deflated pneumatic tire
deflate a balloon
You see that you're undershooting and so, leaving the throttle as is, you attempt to flatten your descent path by lifting the nose a bit - and you enter the region of reverse command.
For example, I see in yonder cupboard near which you are standing, several of what you call boxes (but like everything else in Flatland, they have no tops nor bottoms) full of money; I see also two tablets of accounts.