- 1) Attendance, service.
- 2) obsolete Watching.
- 3) The act of staying or remaining in expectation.
- 4) A period of time spent waiting.
- 5) The act of remaining inactive or stationary.
- 6) the act of waiting (remaining inactive in one place while expecting something)
- 7) Watching; hence, an ogling.
- 8) The act of staying or remaining in expectation.
- 9) Attendance; service.
- 10) being and remaining ready and available for use
- 11) Present participle of wait.
- 12) a.&n.fromwait,v.
- 13) [Eng.]inattendance.
- 14) (in waiting) In attendance, especially at a royal court.
- 1) Present participle of await.
- 1) A woman with an open white coat appeared in the waiting room.
- 2) Sir Andony emerged from the hall to speak to the knights waiting outside.
- 3) They were in the interview room, waiting for Ryan Gordon to be processed.
- 4) I had Riddick on PC waiting in my Newegg shopping cart, just * waiting* for me to apply my Christmastime gift certificate and click Checkout, to make Atari $50 richer.
- 5) "Why to be sure Christmas is coming," laughed Mrs. Merrill, "and here I've been waiting and waiting and _waiting_ for you to talk about it till, actually, I thought I'd had to begin myself, if you didn't wake up pretty soon."
- 6) I am waiting -- simply _waiting_, and it is better to let you know that I am not forgetting instead.
- 7) I've been waiting and _waiting_, and I just wondered if you had enlisted and gone off to war without even calling up to say good-by.
- 8) "You blessed darling!" she softly exclaimed, "here I've been waiting for you, and _waiting_ for you and longing -- _Oh_!"
- 9) It was no use _waiting_, because if all had gone right it should have been waiting for us for an hour at least.
- 10) A football town in waiting is showing its new colors, and waiting no more.
- 11) QUOTE TO NOTE: That's the whole reason we have a head coach in waiting is to counter that.
- 12) I believe we all discouraged that, but there was a name waiting for her.
- 13) ‘The inevitable result is that waiting times have grown and now stand at a staggering 53 weeks for a routine MRI scan.’
- 14) ‘No forms to fill out, no instant check, no waiting period.’
- 15) ‘Blair led the way out of the office and into the larger waiting area.’
- 16) ‘It's about 30 years since the bypass was first proposed which has meant over a generation of waiting.’
- 17) ‘I was put into the custody of social services after hours of waiting.’
- 18) ‘Localized prostate cancer can be either treated with radiation, surgery or watchful waiting.’
- 19) ‘Secondly, 50 children changed from watchful waiting to surgery.’
- 20) ‘waiting times range from 23 months in Queensland to 54 months in Tasmania.’
- 21) ‘If you download in the mornings, before the US wakes up, there's generally no waiting time.’
- 22) ‘Mary insists it was worth every waiting minute though and the band themselves were reportedly positive about their experience.’
- 23) ‘There were other monitors that switched views between empty hallways and vacant waiting areas.’
- 24) ‘There's no waiting period between creation and review, and there's no editorializing.’
- 25) ‘A waiting period after vasectomy is required to clear the reproductive tract of sperm.’
- 26) ‘But the Farrells say after two months of waiting for real action, they have had enough.’
- 27) ‘I have the patience of a bull ant and cannot stand this waiting business; it's driving me nuts.’
- 28) ‘The train which would serve me best was scheduled to arrive in half an hour, so I decided to continue my waiting until then.’
- 29) ‘You know there is a three day waiting period to purchase this game?’
- 30) ‘Then beginning the first stretch of waiting until the blue and red lights and white cars arrived.’
- 31) ‘Patients also prefer general practice management and welcome reduced waiting times and travelling costs.’
- 32) ‘The redevelopment will see the construction of a ticket office and waiting area together with public toilet and baby changing area.’
- 33) ‘Its drive began when generous waiting staff donated a week's tips to the cause.’
- 34) ‘A special thank you to all the enthusiastic young waiting staff who worked so hard and were a pleasure to work with.’
- 35) ‘There was a mix of waiting and bar staff, including Asians and people from the Continent, Australia and New Zealand.’
- 36) ‘Jin is part of the waiting staff while a confident Sun, looking beautiful, is part of the high society, it's her father's party.’
- 1) Hundreds of boats; ocean-going yachts, power boats and cruisers, with the crews aboard all awaiting his signal.
- 2) Flying first to Nice, he remained in transit awaiting a connection to Rome.
- 3) Afterwards I sat before the television screen watching an inane sitcom while awaiting the call.