- 1) countable (uncountable) A bright green, biennial herb, Petroselinum crispum or Petroselinum neapolitanum having either flat or curled leaves.
- 2) uncountable The leaves of this plant used in Middle Eastern, European, and American cooking.
- 3) A member of the parsley family.
- 4) The leaves of this plant used as a seasoning or garnish.
- 5) A cultivated Eurasian herb (Petroselinum crispum) having edible, flat or curled, finely divided leaves.
- 6) (Bot.) a small herb (Alchemilla arvensis) formerly used as a remedy for calculus.
- 7) See under Fool.
- 8) (Bot.) An aromatic umbelliferous herb (Carum Petroselinum), having finely divided leaves which are used in cookery and as a garnish.
- 9) (Bot.) a small fern with leaves resembling parsley (Cryptogramme crispa).
- 10) names given to various weeds of similar appearance to the parsley.
- 11) annual or perennial herb with aromatic leaves
- 12) aromatic herb with flat or crinkly leaves that are cut finely and used to garnish food
- 13) A biennial garden-herb, Carum Petroselinum (Petroselinum sativum), a native of the eastern Mediterranean region, now widely cultivated and sometimes running wild.
- 1) US the leaves of the coriander plant.
- 2) The fresh stems and finely divided young leaves of the coriander plant, used in salads and various dishes as a flavoring and garnish.
- 3) a parsleylike herb used as seasoning or garnish.
- 4) an Old World herb (Coriandrum sativum) with aromatic parsleylike leaves and seed.
- 1) Serve with a dollop of cream and finely chopped chives or parsley.
- 2) When bubbling and brown remove from the oven and sprinkle over the fresh parsley.
- 3) Serve alongside the chicken garnished with chopped parsley.
- 4) Garnish your carrots with some fresh parsley or mint for a bit of added flavour.
- 5) Season to taste and serve garnished with chopped parsley.
- 6) Pick leaves from parsley stalks and chop.
- 7) Mix in the freshly chopped parsley and serve.
- 8) Finely chop the parsley and scatter over the top.
- 9) Blitz parsley, garlic and zest or finely chop.
- 10) Chop the rocket as if flat-leaf parsley.
- 11) Sprinkle chopped parsley over and chill for at least one hour before serving.
- 12) Scatter chopped garlic and parsley on both sides.
- 13) Finely chop the top of the small bunch of parsley.
- 14) Stir the parsley into the sauce and spoon it over the fish mixture.
- 15) Serve with the beans stirred with chopped parsley.
- 16) Finish with the last of the parsley and garlic.
- 17) Serve the risotto stirred with chopped parsley and tomato sauce.
- 18) Roughly chop the parsley leaves and scatter over the top.
- 19) Chop and pound garlic with chopped parsley stalks and half the leaves to make a green paste.
- 20) Serve the beef in slices with dressed parsley and the sauce.
- 21) Remove from the oven and serve a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
- 22) Chop enough flat leaf parsley leaves for about 1tbsp.
- 23) Finally, a sprinkling of toasted pine kernels and flat-leaf parsley.
- 24) Chop the flat-leaf parsley leaves, coriander and mint.
- 25) Make a sauce of crushed garlic, white wine vinegar, lots of lemon juice and fresh parsley.
- 26) When cool, tip onto a large chopping board, add the fresh parsley or basil and chop finely.
- 27) A French chef told me this week that curly parsley is only used for decoration in France.
- 28) I boiled the poaching liquid down by maybe half, with the addition of the rest of the lemon juice and some more shallots (and parsley -- I'm a big believer in parsley), and some pepper, and poured it over the roe, which I had laid on salad plates against some bagged mesculun.
- 29) As for the fresh herbs, parsley is standard, the others are optional.
- 30) I stir in parsley shortly before the crab comes out of the oven to give the parsley a little crunch and mute its herby flavor.
- 31) I believe parsley is perejil, celery is apio and acelgas is swiss chard.
- 32) Perejil (parsley) petroselinum crispum: A self-seeding biennial, Mexican flat-leaved parsley is typically added at the end of cooking stews, soups and green moles.
- 33) May 7th, 2006 at 1: 27 pm unbelievable says: the sprig of parsley is placed in such a â€œdevil may careâ€ manner.
- 34) It derives its name from the Greek word meaning “rock celery” (parsley is a relative to celery).
- 35) ‘Finely chop the shallots, garlic, basil, celery, parsley and beetroot and place in a bowl.’
- 36) ‘Add the balsamic vinegar, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper to the frying pan and bring to the boil.’
- 37) ‘I am now the proud owner of all the fresh basil, bay leaves, thyme, sage and parsley a girl could want.’
- 38) ‘Flat-leafed parsley looks like coriander but can easily be distinguished by smell.’
- 39) ‘The flesh has a light, delicate taste that goes well with fresh herbs such as lemon thyme and parsley.’
- 40) ‘Arrange the chicken on a large platter and scatter with coriander or parsley.’
- 41) ‘I put ginger in it last time and added a fistful of chopped parsley and coriander at the table.’
- 42) ‘Drain the pasta, toss it with the artichokes, olive oil, parsley and Parmesan.’
- 43) ‘Add the reserved broth, fontina, Parmesan, walnuts, parsley and some salt and pepper.’
- 44) ‘Add the stock, bay leaves and parsley reserving a small amount of parsley for garnish.’
- 45) ‘Mussels are in my mind best cooked in their own steam with garlic, shallots, parsley, white wine and cream.’
- 46) ‘Melt the butter in a large pan, add the chopped parsley and leeks, and cook gently for 5 minutes until soft.’
- 47) ‘Make the lemon oil by combining the lemon rind, parsley, sea salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil.’
- 48) ‘Add the chopped tomato and most of the basil and parsley, stirring, and simmer for 2 minutes.’
- 49) ‘Tenderise the steaks, season well and sprinkle with Parmesan, garlic and parsley.’
- 50) ‘Top with the horseradish crème fraiche, crisp bacon and sprigs of parsley or dill.’
- 51) ‘Add the sea salt, pepper and parsley to the lentils, stir through, and serve in warmed shallow soup or pasta bowls.’
- 52) ‘Add the parsley, coriander and mint and mix it in thoroughly by hand.’
- 53) ‘For the main course we chose pork tenderloin wrapped in spinach, parsley and garlic.’
- 54) ‘Using your hands, mix the bread with the meat, garlic, nutmeg, parsley, egg, salt and pepper.’
- 1) ``The special today is poached Chilean sea bass in a cilantro sauce, served with endive salad and garlic-mushroom couscous.
- 2) ‘Had I really planned ahead, this could have been garnished with chopped parsley, cilantro or green onion.’
- 3) ‘Strain the oil and add chopped parsley and cilantro before serving.’
- 4) ‘Soon we'll have baby carrots and lima beans to eat with our basil, rosemary, cilantro and parsley.’
- 5) ‘Arrange some tempura vegetables around the dish, drizzle with red bell pepper sauce, and garnish with fried cilantro.’
- 6) ‘Before serving, I tasted it again and added a bit more salt, chopped cilantro and lime juice.’
- 7) ‘He used several ingredients from our garden: tomatoes, chives, parsley, cilantro, and basil.’
- 8) ‘These things are wonderful and have refreshing whack of cilantro and mint that kind of cleans the palate.’
- 9) ‘Sprinkle the kaffir lime leaf over the squid salad and garnish the plate with cilantro leaves.’
- 10) ‘At dinner, the cayenne and cilantro will add color and make the dish pop, especially if served on white plates.’
- 11) ‘Stuff the tomato cavities with the filling and garnish with cilantro.’
- 12) ‘Garnish with the remaining sesame seeds and a few branches of cilantro.’
- 13) ‘It was eggplant baked with breadcrumbs and some kind of sauce and cilantro.’
- 14) ‘Garnish soup with cilantro and serve tortilla chips on the side.’
- 15) ‘Sowings of spinach, cilantro, lettuce and some oriental greens will germinate and begin to grow.’
- 16) ‘In a food processor, combine the black beans, salsa, lime juice, cilantro, and cumin.’
- 17) ‘Fresh ginger, cilantro, mint and basil add flavor and aromas to dishes.’
- 18) ‘Fresh herbs such as cilantro or mint are generally added at the end of the cooking process, just before serving.’
- 19) ‘When used as a topping for rice noodles or in Oriental dipping sauces, cilantro and roasted peanuts often are chopped together.’
- 20) ‘Sprinkle chopped fresh cilantro onto individual portions of butter chicken, if you like.’
- 21) ‘Then she sprinkles everything with toasted black and white sesame seeds and cilantro.’