good vs bad
- that which is pleasing or valuable or useful
- articles of commerce
- moral excellence or admirableness
- completely and absolutely (`good' is sometimes used informally for `thoroughly')
- (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard (`good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for `well')
- not left to spoil
- of moral excellence
- having the normally expected amount
- having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified
- generally admired
It's good to have a cry sometimes.
Blackpool Scorpions notched their first away win of the season against a good attacking Leigh team.
High bad cholesterol and low good cholesterol.
- not capable of being collected
- having undesirable or negative qualities
- not working properly
- capable of harming
- not financially safe or secure
- very much; strongly
- with great intensity (`bad' is a nonstandard variant for `badly')
- that which is below standard or expectations as of ethics or decency
I bought a dozen eggs and every one of them was bad.
It's not bad but neither is it brilliant - which won't bother 99 per cent of buyers one jot as they are in it for the image.
Shah went forth with her for a distance of three parasangs; after which he bade farewell to her and the Wazir and those with him, and returned to his home in gladness and safety.