up vs down
- to a later time
- to a more central or a more northerly place
- to a higher intensity
- spatially or metaphorically from a lower to a higher position
- nearer to the speaker
- getting higher or more vigorous
- (usually followed by `on' or `for') in readiness
- out of bed
- being or moving higher in position or greater in some value; being above a former position or level
The Staff of Volans has a limited supply of magic energy. Roll a dice after each spell is cast.
He described the sequence of events leading up to the robbery.
Jeff, clad in board trunks and a T-shirt, leans back in his chair with the lappie on his, uhhh, lap, and his bare feet up on the desk.
- shoot at and force to come down
- bring down or defeat (an opponent)
- cause to come or go down
- drink down entirely
- eat up completely, as with great appetite
- from an earlier time
- away from a more central or a more northerly place
- to a lower intensity
- paid in cash at time of purchase
- in an inactive or inoperative state
- extending or moving from a higher to a lower place
- being put out by a strikeout
- not functioning (temporarily or permanently)
- understood perfectly
- fine soft dense hair (as the fine short hair of cattle or deer or the wool of sheep or the undercoat of certain dogs)
- soft fine feathers
- (American football) a complete play to advance the football
- (usually plural) a rolling treeless highland with little soil
As Appling reached down for the ball, it took a bad hop and caromed off his shoulder.
As the holiday movie season winds down, we thought we'd preview the films of 2003 to see which ones stand out and which should stand down.
Before we did anything we wrote and rewrote the script until we felt what we had got written down was a really good story.