giant vs tiny vs very little vs small
- an imaginary figure of superhuman size and strength; appears in folklore and fairy tales
- any creature of exceptional size
- a very large person; impressive in size or qualities
- someone or something that is abnormally large and powerful
- a very bright star of large diameter and low density (relative to the Sun)
- of great mass; huge and bulky
The giant cross has become a familiar landmark to generations of San Franciscans.
The largest of these primitive ‘trees’ were giant lycopods reaching upwards of 20 meters, but most of the plants grew to less than a meter above the ground.
The social networking giant has admitted excluding views of less than three seconds from its figures.
- very small
One might be optimistic and say that, given it's their job to judge a book by the words on the page rather than by the stushie surrounding it, one can expect them to be more concentrated in the category of detached shruggers; one can expect a higher standard of scrutiny, surely.
In a 1983 ad, the Gillette man was depicted as the tiny weakling on a basketball court full of giants; his shaver, he said, helped him even the odds.
At the other end of the social scale were the king and a tiny group of powerful men, all of them rentiers who lived in style on the revenues of their great estates.