1. A smooth, chewy, sticky confection made by heating sugar and other ingredients until the sugars polymerize and become sticky.
2. A (sometimes hardened) piece of this confection.
3. A yellow-brown color.
4. A smooth chewy candy made with sugar, butter, cream or milk, and flavoring.
5. Burnt sugar, used for coloring and sweetening foods.
6. A moderate yellow brown.
7. (Chem.) Burnt sugar; a brown or black porous substance obtained by heating sugar. It is soluble in water, and is used for coloring spirits, gravies, etc.
8. A kind of confectionery, usually a small cube or square of tenacious paste, or candy, of varying composition and flavor.
9. burnt sugar; used to color and flavor food
10. firm chewy candy made from caramelized sugar and butter and milk
11. A sweet, variously composed and flavored, but generally consisting of chocolate, sugar, and butter, and dark-colored.
12. Anhydrous or burnt sugar, a product of the action of heat upon sugar.
13. Sometimes spelled caromel.
14. having the color of caramel; of a moderate yellow-brown
15. In candy- and cheese-making, to become burned and browned: said of the sugar dissolved in milk or syrups under the influence of heat; caramelize. See caramel, n.
1. With salted caramel butter, it's irresistible.
2. Scatter over the berries and drizzle with salted caramel.
3. The sea bass with sweet onions and caramel walnut sauce confirmed this.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool while you make the chilli caramel.
5. The natural colour of bamboo can deepen to a dark caramel tone.
6. Stir over a low heat until the milk absorbs the caramel.
7. Fill a piping bag with the salted caramel crème patisserie and a medium nozzle.
8. Place the sugar in another pan over a high heat and make a dry caramel.
9. Now bring to the boil and cook to a dark golden caramel.
10. The butter gives more caramel flavour and the lard fries the sides to make the sugar really crispy.
11. Once the sugar is a caramel colour, gently stir in half the cream and butter.
12. Anything that wobbles - crème caramel makes me want to cry.
13. Turn up the heat and bubble until you have a dark golden caramel, about five minutes in total.
14. When the sugar has dissolved, turn up the heat and boil until the melted sugar is a dark caramel colour.
15. Meanwhile make the salted caramel.
16. Next make a dark caramel.
17. First make the caramel sauce.
18. Taking the caramel to a dark golden brown is important; it will reduce the sweetness and give a more pronounced flavour.
19. To make the orange caramel, put the caster sugar in a saucepan over a high heat to make a dry caramel.
20. So to make it a bit special for Easter, try it with salted caramel.
21. For the cake, apples are cooked in caramel on the stovetop until they are just tender.
22. Guess might make them in caramel too, which could be a really nice score!
23. The milk caramel is made with milk, sugar and glucose, and is flavored with vanilla (there is also a little bit of baking soda “as an acidity control agent”).
24. By the time I'm off the phone the caramel is roughly the texture of dried carpet glue but I whip in half a litre of heated full-fat milk and 250ml of double cream.
25. This creme caramel is best served chilled, and while it can be eaten at room temperature, it is best to give it a few hours in the fridge to firm up a little further before serving.
26. Underneath the cookie layer, there is a thin caramel layer that adds a lot of moisture and flavor to the cake, with notes of both caramel, cinnamon and browned butter.
27. The internal dialog was like: Dude, caramels, whoa, hard, I can chunk them though, that's right, mix in caramel chunks with the pie, it'll be the bomb and stuff.
28. ‘In a medium saucepan, boil the sugar, water, and corn syrup to a caramel until golden brown.’
29. ‘For the final course, I made a caramelized apple and fennel tart with caramel sauce and lemon custard ice cream.’
30. ‘Dip apples into hot caramel and turn until completely coated.’
31. ‘Two ramekins held a rich custard made with cream cheese, maple syrup, and caramel.’
32. ‘My dessert was an apple tarte tatin with caramel ice cream, and it is one of the best desserts I have ever tasted.’
33. ‘Both caramel and sugar syrup are legal and freely discussed additives.’
34. ‘It was a delicious combination of warm apple, sweet caramel and fresh ice-cream.’
35. ‘Return to high heat and stir until caramel sauce comes to a rolling boil, 1 to 2 minutes.’
36. ‘We gorged ourselves on boardwalk treats: caramel apples, cotton candy, salt water taffy, hot waffles and ice cream.’
37. ‘For desserts, Canopy offers caramel custard, pastries or pudding, along with tea and coffee.’
38. ‘One of the trio of caramel desserts would suffice.’
39. ‘Dessert, miniature pear tarte tatins with little pools of caramel and crème anglaise, arrived just as the first toasts began.’
40. ‘Cosi adds caramel to its hot apple cider, which tastes like ‘hot liquid homemade apple pie.’’
41. ‘It washes the palate with the semi-sweet flavors of caramel, vanilla and spice that gradually subside in a creamy, long lasting finish.’
42. ‘The skinned nuts are cooked with a syrup boiled to the caramel stage.’
43. ‘Heat until melted, stirring occasionally (chopsticks do a good job) until caramel is smooth, about 10 minutes.’
44. ‘Cover the bottom of each ramekin with some reserved caramel and set aside in the refrigerator until set, about two minutes.’
45. ‘As with malt whisky, the dark rums are aged in oak barrels and caramel is added to produce extra colour.’
46. ‘Bring to the boil to make the caramel, which should be a golden tan colour.’
47. ‘You make a caramel with sugar and water, and then add red wine to it.’
48. ‘Also in this group are a type of toffee known as caramels.’
49. ‘I was about to bake them with just a little sugar, when I saw a little box of salted butter caramels on the counter, a souvenir from Brittany, and thought I would use a few to sweeten the fruit instead.’
50. ‘A bag of suckers, chocolate cupcakes, caramels, jawbreakers and licorice all went into the bag first.’
51. ‘While caramels melt, push Popsicle sticks into stem area of the apples.’
52. ‘My friends partook of the hot dogs that came off the rotating warming rack but I stuck to a soda and M & Ms or the candy-coated milk caramels called Sugar Babies.’
53. ‘Although we still have financial difficulties, he often brings me a little treat, i.e. caramels or candy or a Tim Horton's fruit muffin.’
54. ‘Sample truffles, caramels, hazelnut pralines, raspberry creams, almond butter crunch, handwhipped fudge, chocolate cigars and ice cream to die for.’
55. ‘Soft creamy caramels, vanilla and white chocolates are the lighter hues that are in big demand.’
56. ‘Off he went to think up new recipes for 30 varieties of truffles and pralines, caramels and rose and violent creams, all created on the Water Street premises.’
57. ‘And unless you're planning on heading to the coastline of Brittany, I know of nowhere else where you can get the superb CBS caramels from Le Roux, the best caramel-maker on earth.’
58. ‘Godiva sells its chocolates in selections - nuts and caramels in one box, dark chocolates in another, truffles in another - not piece by piece.’
59. ‘Fill a pail with your choice of 300 different kinds of candy sold by the pound, including caramels, licorice, and atomic fireballs.’
60. ‘The foil appears to be from Rolo chocolate-covered caramels.’
61. ‘Here, you can have these chocolate-covered caramels as reparation.’
62. ‘All day long and all the year round they made crackers; they made ornaments for wedding-cakes; they made caramels; they made acidulated drops; they made things unnamed except by children.’
63. ‘As confectionery, they differ depending on the temperature at which they are cooked: fudge is the softest, toffee firmer and caramel almost brittle.’
64. ‘Also in Storck's stable is Milkfuls, a hard caramel candy with sweet milky center that bowed in 1998.’
65. ‘I'm eating a chocolate caramel bar and staring out at the quite determined sheets of white rain.’
66. ‘It has a caramel on top with a few pieces of almond.’
67. ‘Thick, chewy caramel chocolate covered with a thin layer of milk chocolate (I guess).’
68. ‘Amber had light caramel brown hair and hazel eyes, she was tall with milky white skin and rosy complexion.’
69. ‘Her silk scarf and soft Icelandic wool sweater complement her deep caramel skin and shoulder-length brown hair.’
70. ‘From herein, continue to stir every 30 seconds or so, for the next 10 minutes, until all of the fruit is sticky with a golden brown caramel colour.’
71. ‘Those who choose black or tortoise for the main pair often opt for colours like red or caramel for their second pair.’
72. ‘Sally deduced that the colours Jane should be wearing were light colours with some warmth such as peach, beige, caramel, cinnamon, apricot and a lighter version of warmer colours such as jade, lilac and blue.’
73. ‘She had pale skin with caramel colored hair, rosy cheeks, hazel eyes, and pale pink lips.’
74. ‘He inspected it carefully, before concluding that it was caramel - the colour of Felix's skin.’
75. ‘Corduroys come in shades of rust, sand, bottle-green, caramel and plum.’
76. ‘Beige, caramel, sand and khaki influence and determine this trend.’
77. ‘He used tinted glass cutlery which made all his curries look the same and were either bottle green or a caramel brown.’
78. ‘I deviated from my usual brand of wax last night, noting with interest the translucent turquoise colour rather than the usual caramel.’
79. ‘It comes in different eye-catching colors like, beige, black, caramel, charcoal, blue, gray, green, red, taupe, wine, jade and tan.’
80. ‘The featured style is Elyot and comes in purple, green, caramel, black and white!’
81. ‘As to the palette, steel blue, medium grey, caramel and white are the first choices.’
82. ‘His skin was just a shade lighter than caramel, and his eyes were even lighter, the color of weak tea with too much honey.’
83. ‘For blondes choose darker caramels, honey and warm beige.’
84. ‘Over the years his bones have darkened to the rich caramels of their earthen tomb.’
85. ‘The foliage is green, the water a golden caramel, and the final shot sunset will take your breath away.’
86. ‘Gomathi had it stripped and sanded to a warm caramel, called it an antique, and sold it to me.’
87. ‘The flooring is either a creamy tan or a darker caramel, which is created with a steam treatment.’
88. the color of the coat was caramel
Other users have misspelling caramel as:
1. ceramal 4.76%
2. ctrammell 4.29%
3. Other 90.95%
Use Linguix everywhere you write
Get your writing checked on millions of websites, including Gmail, Facebook, and Google Docs.