Difference between sidelong and side
- with the side toward someone or something
- on the side
- to, toward or at one side
- (used especially of glances) directed to one side with or as if with doubt or suspicion or envy
- inclining or directed to one side
- situated at or extending to the side
I noticed Steven giving me a sidelong glance once we were seated in our comfortable booths at the diner.
I glanced sidelong at Brendan sitting next to me before exchanging a look with Josh across from me.
- take sides for or against
- a line segment forming part of the perimeter of a plane figure
- (sports) the spin given to a ball by striking it on one side or releasing it with a sharp twist
- a place within a region identified relative to a center or reference location
- a surface forming part of the outside of an object
- an aspect of something (as contrasted with some other implied aspect)
- located on a side
Richardson, are proprietors of shows, and the berouged, bedraggled creatures who exhibit on the platform outside for their living.
Three tall memorial archways inscribed with Chinese characters stand outside the temple.
It got so bad that 12 patrolmen and two police dogs were kept on duty outside the home for several days.