[ US /ˈsaɪd/ ]
[ UK /sˈaɪd/ ]
[ UK /sˈaɪd/ ]
take sides for or against
Who are you siding with?
I'm siding against the current candidate
a line segment forming part of the perimeter of a plane figure
the hypotenuse of a right triangle is always the longest side
- (sports) the spin given to a ball by striking it on one side or releasing it with a sharp twist
a place within a region identified relative to a center or reference location
they always sat on the right side of the church
he never left my side
a surface forming part of the outside of an object
he examined all sides of the crystal
dew dripped from the face of the leaf
they travelled across the face of the continent
an aspect of something (as contrasted with some other implied aspect)
he is on the purchasing side of the business
he was on the heavy side
it brought out his better side
an opinion that is held in opposition to another in an argument or dispute
there are two sides to every question
an extended outer surface of an object
he turned the box over to examine the bottom side
they painted all four sides of the house
- a lengthwise dressed half of an animal's carcass used for food
either the left or right half of a body
he had a pain in his side
an elevated geological formation
he climbed the steep slope
the house was built on the side of a mountain
a family line of descent
he gets his brains from his father's side
one of two or more contesting groups
the Confederate side was prepared to attack
located on a side
the side porch
How To Use side In A Sentence
- Richardson, are proprietors of shows, and the berouged, bedraggled creatures who exhibit on the platform outside for their living. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine — Volume 53, No. 327, January, 1843
- Three tall memorial archways inscribed with Chinese characters stand outside the temple.
- It got so bad that 12 patrolmen and two police dogs were kept on duty outside the home for several days.
- The Fat Controller and I were back inside the bolt when it arrived from the bonded warehouse at Felixstowe.
- Which is stupid, considering the drivers around here A: Don't normally stop for people and in fact have been caught trying to sneak ~around~ them and B: I've been nicked several times and almost hit three times different instances last summer attempting to obey the biking laws, none of those for mistakes on my part as I've been scared shitless at the lack of aware driving that's crept over my town. The funny thing about Pain..... (Let's talk trauma!)
- The pain in his side was crushing, as if there was a steel hand in there relentlessly closing on an organ. THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS
- The protests were going on about 1 kilometers away in the main street and some of the protesting crowd were running from tear gass used among them, towards Salehi St. The film is shot by my friend who was standing beside me. Iran Election Live-Blogging (Saturday June 20 Part II)
- Lovecraft dealt not with the supernatural but with the "supernormal," as Joshi puts it -- the unrealized side of material reality. The Lovecraft News Network
- They were now surrounded on all sides by a ring of excited, curious faces.
- Demos they may be but these Hazlewood rarities are rounded, rustic country songs: lustrous and lustful, quirkily and dryly humorous, yet poignant stories from the other side of love.