[ UK /sˈaɪdlɒŋ/ ]
with the side toward someone or something
seated sidelong to the window
on the side
the plow lay sidelong on the ground
to, toward or at one side
darting eyes looking sidelong out of a wizened face
(used especially of glances) directed to one side with or as if with doubt or suspicion or envy
her eyes with their misted askance look
inclining or directed to one side
moved downward in a sidelong way
situated at or extending to the side
shot out sidelong boughs
the lateral branches of a tree
How To Use sidelong In A Sentence
- I noticed Steven giving me a sidelong glance once we were seated in our comfortable booths at the diner.
- I glanced sidelong at Brendan sitting next to me before exchanging a look with Josh across from me.
- sidelong glances
- There were no shrieks of protest; just a sidelong, questioning glance.
- Eros felt himself stir beneath his kilt. he sent to Morrigan, casting her a sidelong glance. Etched in Bone
- Teddy sent Christopher a sidelong glance and then fully faced him as he set the sketches on Christopher's desk.
- When he felt her sidelong glance, he cleared his throat and forced a smile as he met her somewhat dark blue eyes.
- Rebecca gave Lydia a sidelong glance that could be interpreted as a glare.
- Vicki cast him a sidelong glance and noticed the angry look on his face.
- Celeste gave Azrael a sidelong glance as they exited the subway to the street. Surrender the Dark