Difference between separated and separation
- being or feeling set or kept apart from others
- spaced apart
- separated at the joint
- no longer connected or joined
As sea levels rose and the northern Channel Islands separated, each fox population became genetically distinct.
As a lawyer who did a lot of conveyancing I have no problems with conveyancers coming in and doing conveyancing, provided it is done on a level playing field, and provided that they are largely separated from lawyers.
The researchers found no separated bones or partial skeletons, which suggests that the dinosaurs were rapidly entombed while still alive.
- the space where a division or parting occurs
- coming apart
- (law) the cessation of cohabitation of man and wife (either by mutual agreement or under a court order)
- the termination of employment (by resignation or dismissal)
- the social act of separating or parting company
Our goal is to reduce the excess downforce to a point where we do create a little separation.
The Hindu fakir would sit for days without food or water, or bury himself alive as a kind of spiritual observance, a separation of mind from body.
And the ultimate separation, the ultimate twinning, is the separation between the lawyer and the self — the creation of a professional role that is not you, but comes to have a life of its own, that comes to be as important as the authentic self.