[ UK /sˌɛpəɹˈeɪʃən/ ]
[ US /ˌsɛpɝˈeɪʃən/ ]
[ US /ˌsɛpɝˈeɪʃən/ ]
the space where a division or parting occurs
he hid in the separation between walls
- coming apart
- (law) the cessation of cohabitation of man and wife (either by mutual agreement or under a court order)
- the termination of employment (by resignation or dismissal)
the social act of separating or parting company
the separation of church and state
the distance between things
fragile items require separation and cushioning
sorting one thing from others
the separation of mail by postal zones
the separation of wheat from chaff
- the state of lacking unity
- the act of dividing or disconnecting
How To Use separation In A Sentence
- And the ultimate separation, the ultimate twinning, is the separation between the lawyer and the self — the creation of a professional role that is not you, but comes to have a life of its own, that comes to be as important as the authentic self. Is That Legal?: Books Archives
- The Hindu fakir would sit for days without food or water, or bury himself alive as a kind of spiritual observance, a separation of mind from body.
- Our goal is to reduce the excess downforce to a point where we do create a little separation.
- A multi-cyclone dust separator according to an embodiment of the present invention comprises at least three dust separation units for separating dust stepwise from relatively larger size.
- A method for separation and determination of cantharidin from the culture of medicinal fungi using capillary gas chromatography was developed.
- As well, some new sewers will be laid in the town and there will be greater separation of surface water from foul sewer to create more capacity in the treatment plant.
- The permanent solution is not technology, but what we call ecological separation - or no movement of live organisms between the Great Lakes and the Mississippi River via the canals," said Alliance President Joel Brammeier, who co-authored a study on the subject in 2008. ENS
- But we identify with this physical separation even at a mental and spiritual level, where such separation has begun to dissolve.
- Most attempts to quantify the effect of a separation are speculative. Times, Sunday Times
- A chemical separation method, leaching works mainly to isolate soluble materials from a solid mixture.