The Construction Agreement template outlines the terms and conditions for the construction of a project, including the scope of work, payment, changes to the project, completion date, warranties, indemnification, insurance, termination, governing law, and entire agreement. The template requires signatures from both the contractor and owner, indicating their agreement to the terms.
This Construction Agreement (“Agreement”) is made and entered into by and between [Contractor Name] (“Contractor”) and [Owner Name] (“Owner”) for the construction of [Project Description] (“Project”).
1. Scope of Work The Contractor agrees to perform all work necessary for the completion of the Project in accordance with the plans and specifications attached to this Agreement.
2. Payment The Owner agrees to pay the Contractor the sum of [Insert Amount] for the completion of the Project. The payment will be made in [Insert Payment Schedule].
3. Changes to the Project The Owner may request changes to the Project in writing. The Contractor will provide a written estimate of the cost of the changes and the effect on the completion date. The Owner will approve the changes in writing before the Contractor begins the work.
4. Completion Date The Contractor agrees to complete the Project on or before [Insert Completion Date]. If the Contractor fails to complete the Project on time, the Owner may assess liquidated damages in the amount of [Insert Amount] per day until completion.
5. Warranties The Contractor warrants that all work performed by the Contractor and its subcontractors will be in accordance with applicable building codes and industry standards. The Contractor further warrants that all materials used in the construction of the Project will be of good quality and free from defects.
6. Indemnification The Contractor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Owner from any and all claims, damages, or liabilities arising out of the Contractor’s work on the Project, except for claims arising out of the Owner’s negligence or willful misconduct.
7. Insurance The Contractor agrees to maintain general liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance throughout the duration of the Project.
8. Termination Either party may terminate this Agreement if the other party breaches any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The terminating party must provide written notice to the other party of the breach and an opportunity to cure the breach within [Insert Number of Days] days.
9. Governing Law This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of [Insert Governing Law].
10. Entire Agreement This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Contractor and the Owner and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral, relating to the Project.
By signing below, the parties agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.