wedding vs divorce
- a party of people at a wedding
- the act of marrying; the nuptial ceremony
- the social event at which the ceremony of marriage is performed
Another friend notes a shift in the type of gifts given at wedding showers, a reversion to 1950s-style offerings: soup ladles and frilly aprons are being unwrapped along with see-through nighties and push-up bras.
I wouldn't have felt properly married if it hadn't been a church wedding.
The ordinary piki is shaped into loose rolls about 10 inches long and two inches in diameter, but the wedding piki is folded into flat pieces about 8 inches square.
- the legal dissolution of a marriage
- get a divorce; formally terminate a marriage
- part; cease or break association with
Our economy is unbalanced, money is in excess supply, and its circulation is completely divorced from the circulation of goods.
You may not be able to hurry love, but it seems you can speed up divorce proceedings with the push of a button.
In Britain, one in every three marriages now ends in divorce.