ordinary vs special
- the expected or commonplace condition or situation
- (heraldry) any of several conventional figures used on shields
- a judge of a probate court
- an early bicycle with a very large front wheel and small back wheel
- a clergyman appointed to prepare condemned prisoners for death
- not exceptional in any way especially in quality or ability or size or degree
- lacking special distinction, rank, or status; commonly encountered
The ordinary piki is shaped into loose rolls about 10 inches long and two inches in diameter, but the wedding piki is folded into flat pieces about 8 inches square.
There are those additional requirements in respect of residence and ordinary residence.
LONDON, February 4/PRNewswire-FirstCall/-- The Board of Royal Dutch Shell plc ( "RDS") today announced an interim dividend in respect of the fourth quarter of 2009 of US$0. 42 per A and B ordinary share, an increase of 5% over the US dollar dividend for the same quarter last year.
- surpassing what is common or usual or expected
- first and most important
- for a special service or occasion
- added to a regular schedule
- having a specific function or scope
- a television production that features a particular person or work or topic
- a special offering (usually temporary and at a reduced price) that is featured in advertising
- a dish or meal given prominence in e.g. a restaurant
When the new foods that came from the Americas - peppers, summer squash and especially tomatoes - took hold in the region, a number of closely related dishes were born, including what we call ratatouille - and a man from La Mancha calls pisto, an Ikarian Greek calls soufiko and a Turk calls turlu.
These observations will provide a valuable supplement to the simultaneous records of other expeditions, especially the British in McMurdo Sound and the German in Weddell Sea, above all as regards the hypsometer observations (for the determination of altitude) on sledge journeys.
He expressed his racial hatred for everyone, especially OBama making veiled death threats, spoke of other dangerous topics etc … and then offered to sell me a mosser rifle as he was buying a a whole shippment of them.