together vs apart
- in contact with each other or in proximity
- at the same time
- in each other's company
- with cooperation and interchange
- assembled in one place
- mentally and emotionally stable
Mix together with as few stirs as possible - mixing too much will make the muffins too dense and heavy.
When your bulbs arrive, or you buy them from the garden center, gather everyone together, hand out garden tools and start digging.
It was a typical gesture of love and togetherness.
- one from the other
- not taken into account or excluded from consideration
- away from another or others
- separated or at a distance in place or position or time
- into parts or pieces
- remote and separate physically or socially
- having characteristics not shared by others
Apart from any other objection, a different classification would be reached if the characters were used in a different sequence.
Everyone's at it - apart from a few notable and honourable exceptions.
If there was any hope of holding on to even a shred of her dwindling self-respect, she should do exactly what she knew Margo would do—close the laptop, take her de-scrunchied, perfumed, and nearly thonged self down to the nearest club, pick up the first passably good-looking stranger who asked her to dance, and bring him back to the apartment for some safe but anonymous sex.