stranger vs native
- an individual that one is not acquainted with
- anyone who does not belong in the environment in which they are found
If there was any hope of holding on to even a shred of her dwindling self-respect, she should do exactly what she knew Margo would do—close the laptop, take her de-scrunchied, perfumed, and nearly thonged self down to the nearest club, pick up the first passably good-looking stranger who asked her to dance, and bring him back to the apartment for some safe but anonymous sex.
But he knew he would be like a stranger to her, a strange man with a repellingly scarred face.
But her own life was often stranger than any action-packed fiction plot.
- characteristic of or existing by virtue of geographic origin
- as found in nature in the elemental form
- characteristic of or relating to people inhabiting a region from the beginning
- belonging to one by birth
- an indigenous person who was born in a particular place
- indigenous plants and animals
- a person born in a particular place or country
Pay particular attention to zoning in each of the alternatives proposed for your area.
I mean they ought to be able to reflect on possible alternative views, and some do.
Sodium thiopental was used by most U.S. states as part of a lethal injection combination, but many have switched to an alternative drug called pentobarbital amid an ongoing shortage.