silent vs noisy
- failing to speak or communicate etc when expected to
- implied by or inferred from actions or statements
- having a frequency below or above the range of human audibility
- marked by absence of sound
- unable to speak because of hereditary deafness
That these are things as silently present and inarguable as iron, or night.
Now the word "prayer" to non-Muslim readers will evoke an image of people perhaps silently clasping their hands together, leaning forward in a pew, and either silently, to themselves, or in a quiet tone, speaking heartfeltly to God.
It is patent that dusk found them weary and worn, plodding and wading silently "homewards," shovel on shoulder, across four or five kilos of desolate mud; falling and tripping over stagnant bodies, masses of tangled wire, bricks and jagged wood-work everywhere impeding progress.
- full of or characterized by loud and nonmusical sounds
- attracting attention by showiness or bright colors
What would you say to Mrs So-and-so who has called to complain about a noisy neighbour?
People feared the development would cause traffic gridlock and claimed noisy fans would make their lives a misery.
The result was a lengthy and noisy competition in self-abasement and mutual re-assurance.