simple vs complicated
- having few parts; not complex or complicated or involved
- (botany) of leaf shapes; of leaves having no divisions or subdivisions
- lacking mental capacity and subtlety
- easy and not involved or complicated
- a person lacking intelligence or common sense
- any herbaceous plant having medicinal properties
The side dish the day I visited was a simple mixed olive salad, a mélange of black and green olives with spicy oil.
I'd live the transient and ephemeral existence of a backpacker for a week, an existence of freedom and simple pleasures.
She pulled the black scrunchie out of her long glossy red-gold hair, the silky strands having been confined in a simple low, sleek ponytail.
- difficult to analyze or understand
The films he made look simple at first glance, yet already invite a more complicated response.
What seemed an easy task becomes complicated by locals' objections and, ultimately, the landman's own crisis of conscience.
– The agreement contains a complicated escrow system that may allow the $480 million to be funneled from the Treasury Department to the White House.