absence vs presence
- the occurrence of an abrupt, transient loss or impairment of consciousness (which is not subsequently remembered), sometimes with light twitching, fluttering eyelids, etc.; common in petit mal epilepsy
- the state of being absent
- failure to be present
- the time interval during which something or somebody is away
‘In the absence of those assurances, we will have no choice but to ballot for industrial action,’ he said.
No deduction in pay is made for absence due to illness.
In the absence of a clear express intent to abrogate rights and obligations - rights of the highest importance to the individual - those rights remain in force.
- the act of being present
- the immediate proximity of someone or something
- an invisible spiritual being felt to be nearby
- the state of being present; current existence
- dignified manner or conduct
Here's the good news: When you bring what I call unconditional presence to the trance of fear, you create the foundation for true spiritual awakening.
In fact, the longest continuing presence is often the audit partner.
A great deal of the nudge-nudge wink-wink routine by the young upwardly mobile male executives was the usual response to her presence.