outskirts vs centre
- outlying areas (as of a city or town)
Tanks often attacked the outskirts of the city in skirmishes with resistance fighters, adding to the chaos and unrest.
Fashion outlets, also known as discount warehouse stores, are large shopping areas often located on a city's outskirts.
Shortly after leaving the outskirts of Adonis the car slithered down a sloping piece of ground, teetered over a low bank, and splashed logily into water.
- the object upon which interest and attention focuses
- a cluster of nerve cells governing a specific bodily process
- an area that is approximately central within some larger region
- the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience
- a point equidistant from the ends of a line or the extremities of a figure
- direct one's attention on something
- move into the center
In recent years, Laganside Corporation has transformed the inner core of Belfast city centre, specifically along the Lagan river and in the surrounding area.
Criticism centred on the lack of information provided.
There is a fine square here called Madison, in the centre of which trees rise from fountain-watered grass, and statued figures of people who were men in their day and did things, palatial buildings, dignifying commerce, form the square.