cowardly vs brave vs courageous
- lacking courage; ignobly timid and faint-hearted
Another translation of the Bible uses the word cowardly instead of fearful.
For big men, they sure are acting cowardly.
The attorney for one of the accused denounced what he calls cowardly and anonymous leakers at the Pentagon.
- face and withstand with courage
- a North American Indian warrior
- people who are brave
- invulnerable to fear or intimidation
- brightly colored and showy
- possessing or displaying courage; able to face and deal with danger or fear without flinching
The heroic deeds of this brave and noble Irishman have brought honour and glory to his native land.
The new film just seems to be skirting round things; it hasn't been brave enough.
This day wilt thou either bring back in triumph the gory head and spoils of Aeneas, and we will avenge Lausus 'agonies; or if no force opens a way, thou wilt die with me: for I deem not, bravest, thou wilt deign to bear an alien rule and a Teucrian lord.'