body vs soul
- the central message of a communication
- a resonating chamber in a musical instrument (as the body of a violin)
- the property of holding together and retaining its shape
- the external structure of a vehicle
- an individual 3-dimensional object that has mass and that is distinguishable from other objects
- invest with or as with a body; give body to
Anybody who has tried to follow a rigorous diet will know how easy it is to lapse back into bad habits.
Rose of Sharon braced her body against the movements of the car in an effort to protect her fetus.
And at the same time the huge body tried to take the invader and enwomb it.
- the immaterial part of a person; the actuating cause of an individual life
- deep feeling or emotion
- a human being
- a secular form of gospel that was a major Black musical genre in the 1960s and 1970s
- the human embodiment of something
The fall in popularity of the death's head and the subsequent prevalence of the cherub was a reflection of the Great Awakening and the belief in the immortality of the soul: "Cherubs reflect a stress on resurrection, while death's heads emphasize the mortality of man.
Sometimes, when people die of heart failure, they first suffer angor animi, anguish of the soul.
They butchered the film, hacking and splicing it, grinding their heels into Sergio's soul.