[ US /ˈbɑdi/ ]
[ UK /bˈɒdi/ ]
[ UK /bˈɒdi/ ]
the central message of a communication
the body of the message was short
- a resonating chamber in a musical instrument (as the body of a violin)
the property of holding together and retaining its shape
wool has more body than rayon
when the dough has enough consistency it is ready to bake
the external structure of a vehicle
the body of the car was badly rusted
an individual 3-dimensional object that has mass and that is distinguishable from other objects
- the main mass of a thing
the body excluding the head and neck and limbs
they moved their arms and legs and bodies
a collection of particulars considered as a system
a body of law
a body of precedents
a body of doctrine
a natural object consisting of a dead animal or person
they found the body in the lake
the entire physical structure of an organism (an animal, plant, or human being)
he felt as if his whole body were on fire
a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity
the whole body filed out of the auditorium
the student body
- invest with or as with a body; give body to
How To Use body In A Sentence
- Anybody who has tried to follow a rigorous diet will know how easy it is to lapse back into bad habits. Times, Sunday Times
- Rose of Sharon braced her body against the movements of the car in an effort to protect her fetus.
- And at the same time the huge body tried to take the invader and enwomb it. The Gunslinger
- This sort of enamel work on a faceted metal body was copied from the enamelled European watches.
- No, Jack won't have nobody tell him what he can't ever be, even if he weren't born with a silver spoon in one end and an Harley Street hooter up the other. Jack Scallywag
- And Johnson has some advice for people aspiring to a comfortable living playing music: ‘I've set it in my mind that I will not jive anybody, and not be jived by anybody.’
- Twenty microliters of each antibody was added to 100 L of blood, and the mixture was incubated at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Therefore, at the state that the body is fixed with a plate shape, the cover-used outer swinging cover can be stored in the box-shaped article storage box with a same side.
- Another mystery surrounds the only example of body armour to be found among the primates.
- They searched for his body, handlining with grappling hooks, setting gill nets straight offshore and hauling seine. AMAGANSETT