wealthy vs poor
- having an abundant supply of money or possessions of value
With the usual prerogative of the wealthy classes, he tended to choose doctors with a reputation for having studied some topics in greater detail than usual.
Very wealthy people don't like to be questioned about whether they can support a cheque.
On paper, we're a one-person-one-vote nation; in reality, we're more than a bit of an oligarchy, in which a handful of wealthy people dominate.
- characterized by or indicating poverty
- having little money or few possessions
- of insufficient quantity to meet a need
- deserving or inciting pity
- lacking in quality or substances
- people without possessions or wealth (considered as a group)
The poor bugger has nowhere else to sleep.
Though serfs were freed in 1864, they remained poor sharecroppers and staged a massive peasant uprising in 1907.
With no warning signs on either side and under poor lighting, the road is a death trap for motorists.