tall vs small vs short
- too improbable to admit of belief
- impressively difficult
- lofty in style
- great in vertical dimension; high in stature
- a garment size for a tall person
Three tall memorial archways inscribed with Chinese characters stand outside the temple.
In 2005, the Mugabe government launched what it called a slum clearance scheme, that bulldozed major shantytowns, brutally displacing hundreds of thousands of people.
The magnificent 18 th-century mansion is set in private landscaped grounds at the edge of the town, opposite the golf links and West Sands but totally screened by trees, woods and 18-foot high lodge gates.
- relatively moderate, limited, or small
- (of children and animals) young, immature
- have fine or very small constituent particles
- not large but sufficient in size or amount
- low or inferior in station or quality
- the slender part of the back
- a garment size for a small person
- on a small scale
Country pursuits on offer include sheep-racing, woodcarving with chainsaws, small-bore rifle-shooting, wool-spinning, bee demonstrations, candle-making and ferret-racing.
His eyes were fixed on a small house in the middle distance.
Someone who really wanted to stop unsanctioned immigration would begin here, by busting the small contractors who employ these workers on a contingent basis.