fat vs slim vs thin
- having a relatively large diameter
- containing or composed of fat
- marked by great fruitfulness
- having an (over)abundance of flesh
- a kind of body tissue containing stored fat that serves as a source of energy; it also cushions and insulates vital organs
- excess bodily weight
- a soft greasy substance occurring in organic tissue and consisting of a mixture of lipids (mostly triglycerides)
- make fat or plump
The Fat Controller and I were back inside the bolt when it arrived from the bonded warehouse at Felixstowe.
He watched them disappear from his view, his father still waddling along with that bloody basket.
The hat, I think the style was called fedora, had a dark band and a dint in the top, which my father would sometimes correct with a chopping action of his right hand.
- being of delicate or slender build
- small in quantity
- take off weight
She was a slim blonde girl in her twenties who might have stepped out of a fashion advertisement in a women's magazine.
Now the word "prayer" to non-Muslim readers will evoke an image of people perhaps silently clasping their hands together, leaning forward in a pew, and either silently, to themselves, or in a quiet tone, speaking heartfeltly to God.
Gadafy's striking non-endorsement of the Democratic candidate focused in part on Obama's pledge of "unshakeable" support for Israel, which caused dismay, if not surprise, across the Arab and Muslim worlds last week.