[ US /ˈsɫɪm/ ]
[ UK /slˈɪm/ ]
[ UK /slˈɪm/ ]
being of delicate or slender build
a slim girl with straight blonde hair
she was slender as a willow shoot is slender
watched her slight figure cross the street
small in quantity
a slim chance of winning
a small surplus
- take off weight
How To Use slim In A Sentence
- She was a slim blonde girl in her twenties who might have stepped out of a fashion advertisement in a women's magazine.
- Now the word "prayer" to non-Muslim readers will evoke an image of people perhaps silently clasping their hands together, leaning forward in a pew, and either silently, to themselves, or in a quiet tone, speaking heartfeltly to God. David Horowitz Freedom Center
- Gadafy's striking non-endorsement of the Democratic candidate focused in part on Obama's pledge of "unshakeable" support for Israel, which caused dismay, if not surprise, across the Arab and Muslim worlds last week. Obama Taking Over Democratic National Committee Partly To Avoid Kerry's Fate
- Since Kashmir was (and is) a Muslim majority territory, Pakistan felt justified in seeing Pushtun warlords charge in from the north-west of Pakistan, late in 1947, to seize control of Kashmir.
- The next posts are often about useless slimming products and they might be tempted to buy them without seeking proper advice. The Sun
- Your fellow potential jurors will be chosen at random from the pool available, and then slimmed down to just 12 in court, again at random.
- All Sudanese are Africans, most are Muslim, and the population of Christians is lower than the number of Sudanese who practice African ( "animist") religions. Articles » peoplesworld
- One resident called Dahiryart wore a typical Muslim hat and a Sarong .
- The driver was 18 to 19 years old, 5ft 6ins tall, hairy with a slim build, dark eyes, a gaunt face and hollow cheeks.
- A pair of suitcases filled with special shower heads for Islamic ablutions , and monumental razors and clippers, poke fun at the needs of the Muslim traveler.