[ US /ˈfæt/ ]
[ UK /fˈæt/ ]
[ UK /fˈæt/ ]
having a relatively large diameter
a fat rope
containing or composed of fat
marked by great fruitfulness
a productive vineyard
a fat land
a nice fat job
a juicy contract
having an (over)abundance of flesh
he hadn't remembered how fat she was
a kind of body tissue containing stored fat that serves as a source of energy; it also cushions and insulates vital organs
fatty tissue protected them from the severe cold
excess bodily weight
she disliked fatness in herself as well as in others
a soft greasy substance occurring in organic tissue and consisting of a mixture of lipids (mostly triglycerides)
pizza has too much fat
make fat or plump
We will plump out that poor starving child
How To Use fat In A Sentence
- The Fat Controller and I were back inside the bolt when it arrived from the bonded warehouse at Felixstowe.
- He watched them disappear from his view, his father still waddling along with that bloody basket.
- The hat, I think the style was called fedora, had a dark band and a dint in the top, which my father would sometimes correct with a chopping action of his right hand.
- In Bermuda, Sam's father took him on an excursion to a coral barrier.
- The battery-operated doll comes complete with walkie-talkie and a wardrobe choice of military fatigues or bolero jacket and gold trousers.
- I still see Mr. Berman's portable shtender in the shul and I have to smile because I immediately see his warm gentle smile and think about how fortunate I was to have met your father.
- There were gobs of fat and sinewy bits throughout the whole rib cut - it was soooo wrong.
- The theory I do not accept: one simply folds his sails, unships his rudder, and waits the will of Providence, or the arrival of some compelling fate. Saunterings
- The film also stars Jared Leto as Alexander's special boyhood chum, Rosario Dawson as his sex-starved wife, Angelina Jolie as his nagging mother and Val Kilmer as his abusive father.
- None of the fathers' job descriptions given on the birth certificate referred to work at a nuclear establishment.