failure vs success
- an event that does not accomplish its intended purpose
- an act that fails
- inability to discharge all your debts as they come due
- an unexpected omission
- lack of success
It is the failure of the diaphragmatic pinchcock to open, as in the normal deglutitory cycle, rather than a spasmodic tightness, that obstructs the food.
Sometimes, when people die of heart failure, they first suffer angor animi, anguish of the soul.
The French and Dutch results were punishment for political failure on a grand scale.
- a person with a record of successes
- a state of prosperity or fame
- an event that accomplishes its intended purpose
- an attainment that is successful
He made a very positive contribution to the overall success of the project.
Chartists at once organized resistance to what they called the usurpation and, after a long civil war, were successful.
I didn't know my success was going to be so big and that I would become 'the subtractor', always subtracting six years.