excited vs calm
- (of persons) excessively affected by emotion
- marked by uncontrolled excitement or emotion
- (of e.g. a molecule) made reactive or more reactive
- in an aroused state
They were now surrounded on all sides by a ring of excited, curious faces.
Not for a very long time has the discovery of new music so profoundly moved and excited me as the contents of this disc.
The overseer, a great strong man, cracking his "blacksnake" from time to time, to enforce authority, excited our strong indignation.
- not agitated; without losing self-possession
- (of weather) free from storm or wind
- steadiness of mind under stress
- wind moving at less than 1 knot; 0 on the Beaufort scale
- cause to be calm or quiet as by administering a sedative to
- make steady
- become quiet or calm, especially after a state of agitation
- make calm or still
The calm was eerie; the vista serene and surreal.
Evidentally, this is an effective way for her to keep herself calm because she is easily excitable.
Jeffrey's voice was rough and his words were harsh but Anthony remained calm and cool, save his eyes.