best vs worst
- in a most excellent way or manner
- from a position of superiority or authority
- it would be sensible
- get the better of
- (comparative and superlative of `well') wiser or more advantageous and hence advisable
- (superlative of `good') having the most positive qualities
- the supreme effort one can make
- the person who is most outstanding or excellent; someone who tops all others
He had 112 helpers, many of whom had worked on some of the best fantasy movies of the past decade.
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.
I blame it all on becca who called me in the middle of the night to talk to me all about how the two best friends names are Kate and Becca and that the main character lives in apartment 601 as my address and other kooky details that i have been trying to forget nightly since i saw that movie, And then every sound is that kid coming out of the television and im only writing about it now in order to expunge as i fear she will grab hold of my foot from under the desk and eat me or turn me into something decomposing or whatever it is she does.
- the greatest damage or wickedness of which one is capable
- the weakest effort or poorest achievement one is capable of
- the least favorable outcome
- to the highest degree of inferiority or badness
- (superlative of `bad') most wanting in quality or value or condition
- defeat thoroughly
I used to think the worst feeling was losing someone you love. But, I was wrong. The worst feeling is the moment you have lost yourself.
Some might say, at worst, armed insurrection.
I do not of course mean, Heaven forbid! that people should try to converse seriously; that results in the worst kind of dreariness, in feeling, as Stevenson said, that one has the brain of a sheep and the eyes of a boiled codfish.