Difference between skin and umiak
- an outer surface (usually thin)
- a person's skin regarded as their life
- body covering of a living animal
- a person whose head is bald or shaved
- the rind of a fruit or vegetable
- bruise, cut, or injure the skin or the surface of
- remove the bark of a tree
- climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
- strip the skin off
But they have an undeniable gentleness and elephantine beauty about them, with their hanging folds of skin and ponderous outlook on life.
The lizard's light brown skin acts as camouflage in the desert sand.
Elisabeth found herself with a straggle of colonists in a mosquito-ridden, uncleared jungle where sandflies bored into the skin of the feet and the clay soil was so intractable that nothing would grow.