Difference between reinstate and rectify
- bring back into original existence, use, function, or position
- restore to the previous state or rank
The chap says that I want my one bigha of zameen to be reinstated, but you offer double the compensation and “baad mein dekha jayega”.
The committee has received 14,000 applications from former Baathists asking for either reinstatement or for pensions, he said.
His no-claims bonus was also reinstated.
- reduce to a fine, unmixed, or pure state; separate from extraneous matter or cleanse from impurities
- convert into direct current
- make right or correct
- math: determine the length of
- bring, lead, or force to abandon a wrong or evil course of life, conduct, and adopt a right one
The length should be that of the bandaging; the breadth, three or four fingers; thickness, three or fourfold; number so as to encircle the limb, neither more nor less; those applied for the purpose of rectifying a deformity, should be of such a length as to encircle it; the breadth and thickness being determined by the vacuity, which is not to be filled up at once.
Today, the PSM3 staff tried to rectify this statement by saying that "the PS3 version looks the same as on Xbox, but things in the distance are slightly jaggier / rougher, the textures seem 'muddier' up-close and the frame rate is choppier, especially during the last few story missions.
If he doesn't rectify this situation things could become very bad for him indeed.