Difference between patch and anacre
- a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation
- a piece of soft material that covers and protects an injured part of the body
- sewing that repairs a worn or torn hole (especially in a garment)
- a period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition
- a piece of cloth used as decoration or to mend or cover a hole
- mend by putting a patch on
- to join or unite the pieces of
- repair by adding pieces
- provide with a patch; also used metaphorically
Threadbare patches in her fur and mane shone dull against the her tawny pelt.
This process must proceed with dispatch, without posturing, without grandstanding, without empty words.
From his driveway, Benelli dispatches patrol cars and sends officers to new assignments.